Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"Adik Nak Biar Dia Kering Dulu.."

Zahir had his first few couple of days as a secondary schooler. In short, the beginning of his journey that will define pretty much what kind of adult we'd see in the future. And he hadnt been eating well. I overlook his breakfasts, have no idea about his lunch, and he had Maggi, and canned soup for dinners.

On top of that, I fumed at him crazy a couple of days ago, for letting Todd J (accidentally) poop inside the kitchen, and to top it off, his answer was "Adik nak biar dia kering dulu.." when I asked him why didn't he wipe the shit off the kitchen's floor. That answer sure got me parachuted 50 fuckin thousand feet in the air because I was working and his school starts off somewhere 1 O'clock, in the PM mind you. Yea, the poop was indeed dried off when I start to smother the kain buruk with it. I wiped the poop clean off the floor. And some other things I thought I did was to throw a mop, a piece of used cloth and not tantrums. No other unnecessary stuffs, as far as I can remember.

"Adik lupa" will be his affirmative answers to questions directed to him regarding the chores, dishes and all that. Of course all the things are doable. But for God's sake, hes thirteen, having been thirteen myself, I know that boys that age have direct tunnels from this, to another end of both side of their ears. And its a toll-free 2-way freeway lanes. Its not like they purposely do what they do. They just do it. Its just them. Its just that they're spaced out 99.9% of the time. And another 0.01% used to plan what to play and how to play them later. Its not their fault, its encrypted in their genes, boys that age.

I dont have to be damn cynical towards his monotonous answer. I just have to remind him time and time again and again. Thats all. That is ALL.

I realize that I've been too hard on him. And I realize too, that I dont want him to hate me, God, he ate alone, lock his room, reading comics I guess, right after video games sessions at nights. And its been like 3 days of school and I havent even asked him a gesture as simple as "Hows school ?"

No comments: