Saturday, May 30, 2020

Tidak Bertajuk


Wow.

I just realized that it's been more than two years since my last entry.

I've been meaning to come back but the saturation of self-validating channels through social medias means blogging are one of those things future grandparents will tell their future grand-kids they used to do when they were young somewhere in the near future. Probably in a highly glorified fashion. And the grand-kids would probably think it's a less intricate form of Tik-Toking. 

Anyways.

I actually intended to write about P. Ramlee. One of my heroes. My heart shreds in a thousand stinging shards whenever I stumble upon his pictures. His struggles and the injustice as well as the despicable way he was treated by the very people he was fighting for. 

But as a man who primarily rely on emotions (and a sense of panic) to get things moving, I would be lying to myself if I go ahead and write it because I just don't feel it. Not like just now.

Articulating the loudness of my inner monologues has a tendency to put things into perspective therefore logical conclusions is no longer a journey I aspire to make but a destination I've already arrive to.

Writers (or just me ? lol) don't write using our heads. We write using our hearts.

Edit: It's been 47 years since THE One & Only left us. Let us recite our Fatihah for the Arwah whenever we come across his stories or his work :(

No comments: